How do I access Linux resources?
SESYNC linux resources are deployed on a private network at SESYNC and are accessed via our ssh gateway at ssh.sesync.org.
Connecting to your linux virtual server
- Use an ssh client (we recommend PUTTY)
- Enter ssh.sesync.org as your Host Name and click Open
Once connected to ssh.seysnc.org, you can do any of the following:
- Transfer data to your research storage space (using, e.g., scp, wget, sftp, curl)
- Submit a script to the scheduled cluster
- Connect via ssh at the command prompt to your dedicated linux VM to use processing resources there (contact SESYNC staff if you need a linux VM)
Please DO NOT run your computational processing on the ssh gateway, it has limited memory and processing power.